Thursday, July 27, 2006


The road race was Cat 1,2 and 3. It poured all day right up to our start. So the humidity went through the roof. Seems as though the Cat 1's decided to go from the gun and have a little race among themselves. So it was ballistic from the start. With attack after attack. Iwas hanging on in seventh or eighth trying to get the diesel warmed up as it was hitting redline. The first lap was over 26mph avg. I got tailed off on the finish climb when a dumped his chain in front of me. So it was TT mode for awhile in no mans land. Just near the finish three others caught me. So it was a sprint up the hill. Now my chain decides to jump to small ring. I slam it back up and start sprinting. Not my forte by any means. But I just kept hitting the trigger. Just like it was a hill interval and beat them.The 50+ guy said he was glad I wasn't in his group. I took a bronze in this race. Pesky 40+ kids.
Dinner tonight at the Rock Bottom Brewery. Excellent food and beer.
The Mahi tacos were great. This Brewery blows away Goose Island.

No comments: