Monday, July 31, 2006

Final Event the team time trial. Mission Accomplished.
Our team was put together on Sunday at the riders meeting. But after the TT on Tuesday we knew we had a strong team as our individual times we all close to each other.So we had Chuck and Gerry from DC, Dave from Philly, Martin form the Netherlands,our Energizer Bunny! and myself. It was decided Chuck would lead out and I would bring up the rear. We bolted out of the start and Chuck was raging,people were yelling that we had to get a rhythm. Once over the first hill we started to communicate. Then it all fell together.It all went quiet. I love TTT's. The group had become one organism. Rotating smoothly. The stronger riders taking slightly longer pulls,the other doing their share. The humidity was high and it was like sucking water. We hot the turnaround and headed back on lap on. Then my left pedal started to feel like I wasn't clipped in. On my rotation I stood up. Still clipped in,odd. Then my ankle hit the chainstay a couple times. How can this ahppen my crank is falling off. I keep in the group till it does and then it's all over for me. I feel like I've let them down.
But they soldier on. Eventually Gerry falls off and three are left. They powered to the fastest time off the day. Dave gives us all our Lambda Cycling Foundation for our efforts. It's a really nice Giordana kit. The shorts are sweet. The only problem is I can't wear them again, as they have a big Gay.com right across the back. I told him I'd never make it out of my neighborhood alive with them on. Maybe in Chicago or Rehobeth I could wear them.So I came to Chi town with a gaol of a gold medal. After being robbed of it in the mountain bike race I got one. Mission accomplished. Blogger isn't letting up load pics to day. So will try again later. OGQ

No comments: