Friday, January 26, 2007



Rinse,lather,repeat.
That's what life has been like for me. Get up. Put on my "stockings". Have breakfast. Surf the net a bit. Do my exercises. Then on the bike for 40-60 minutes.
Thanks god for the DVR and the food channel. Then it's a shower. It's almost lunch now. Rinse, Lather, Repeat. Wait for the "gourmet meals on wheels".

Now the Monday night dinner club met here this monday. We did Theos ( a local BARBQ ) In honor of MLK day, a bit late. We had wings, hot and sassy, sweet and spicy, ribs, cornbread,collard greens,sweet potatoe fries and slaw. Theo's wing are the best,big and meaty. Home brewed beer to wash it all down with.
Five week update from the DR.

Another set of Xrays. The "electric toothbrush" looks good.

So I'm waiting to see the Dr. in the exam room. Hmmm, no magazines or anything to read. So I figure I'll do my exercises.
So I'm at the sink doing dips when he walks in.

He comes in and sees me doing the exercises and says "That's a first." We discuss the questions I have for him.
He gives me the go ahead to start "pushing a bit" on the bike. His words.
He also questioned if I needed PT any more. I'm supposed to start walking a bit without the cane. But try not to limp.
Overall a good report.
I'll be back to work after next week. Starting with half days.
Dealing with this type of injury is an eye opener for me. But as I've said "It could have been worse". Still minor on comparison t D's cancer. While at the grocery store I saw a 20 something girl on crutches with one leg. Point made.
So with the go ahead I to ride a little harder I can set a plan.
Enjoy life.
On the Ipod Tom Waits, Bone Machine Drive By Truckers, Gangstabilly and Alabama Ass Whooping.

No comments: