Friday, January 05, 2007


I got out of the house to go t the Dr's. It was a warm 50+ out and felt great to be outside. Where's my bike? So the Dr's. office is the usual. Fill out the forms and wait. I get to see Dr. Schenk, again. He treated me after I blew out my shoulder in Moab. He rides too. So we talk about how it feels. Where treatment is headed. I get sent for Xrays. That xray table really brought out how bony my ass has gotten from this. Three X rays later. I'm headed back. The long halls are a treat to walk. I'm now on full weight bearing,according to pain.

He shows me the Xrays points out the progress. The screws look cobby. Like they need a nut on the end. He gets the pieces and I see the real thing. Pretty.

He gives the go ahead to get on the trainer. I have about 84 degrees of motion in my leg. But can't lift it off the bed yet. Now the biggest worry is clots. Let's hope not.

The food continues to pour in. He asked if I was eating OK. Sure am!!! He said that's good it takes a huge amount of calories to mend.

Pizza last night. Ahhh the simple things. Another simple thing. I now can put on my compression stockings, a big step and another prison eliminated.

I'm sure Daves smiling that I'm progressing.

Enjoy life. OGQ

No comments: