Thursday, January 18, 2007

It had to happen. Tuesday,I crashed and burned. My leg was so sore and grumpy. O It needs a rest. Just like training. Recover as hard as you train. But today mentally it cracked me. I decided to do less and give it a break. So the brain gives the command te muscles fire but the leg doesn't move. Try again. So I help it with my hand. Better. Try a different one,same thing. OK it's tired. I'll spin for awhile and loosen it up. Back on the bed. Crash out like a light. Same scenario is repeated in the sfternoon. Nothing. ZIP. SNOOZE. Pay attention to your body. Back to sleep I go. Man what a day. These don't happen often in my life.

Of note. It's amazing howmany people ask "So When are you going back to work?" Not, How are you doing or is it healing well?. Work will always be there. I don't want to turn this into a nagging problem . Sure I want to get well as fat as possible. But that doesn't mean get back to work as fast as possible. Suer I have days where I think I could. hen I have a "sleep day".

Wed, PT worked me good. We did some new balance exercises and lunges again. They hurt.
Then she watched me spin on the bike.
News from my ortho doctor. I asked should I work on strength or spin (hi rpms)?

Neither....don't push it too hard. Just go for the motion. You can pull the bone apart if you push too hard. Your training can not start until the bone is healed...and then you are out of my domain.

Great guy my doctor.

Slept late again. But mentally there now. Out of the hole of tuesday.
So it's off to practice the balance and spin.

Thanks to Mike M for another great meal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wondered about all of that training... don't push so hard that you reinjure... I know it isn't like you to give yourself a break, but slow down a bit - you're not 20 anymore [not by a long shot! :-)]

Your Friendly Neighborhood HR Dude said...

the doc is right and you know it, hardest part of all this is that we are so hard wired to train, work hard to get better, and with an injury, that's the rest as hard as you train part that is hard. very hard. listen to teh doc...