Thursday, January 04, 2007


Rehab is the toughest traing of all. You do an hour or more of exercises and wonder what it does for you. It doesn't fell like a workout. Even though you know it's good for you. The PT worked the hell out of my legs tues. It was sore all night and the next day. The hip doesn't hurt a bit. But the quads are really tight and I can almost bend the knee at 90 degrees now. Odd that the knee is the problem. When I massage the leg you can feel a big knot just above the incision. You can even lift a big section of muscle. Atrophy is fast in athletes,somethng like 3 to 1. Even my right calves are smaller. I been on this road before. It will all come back. Just have to be patient. Tough for the ADD poster child. Just take a lesson from Dave Panella and make each day my best. No bitching.

On the plus side. I cleared another "prison" this am. I was able to put my compression stockings on by myself.

Frank brought a killer seafood bisque( here's that food teme, Carl) and dessert last night. A cake and Ben and Jerrys. I ate and promptly feel alseep afterwards. ZZZZZZ Woke up to the phone in time to shoot up my blood thinners might have missed that one if it wasn't for the phone call. Thanks Tom L.

Today brings more PT. Car transfers ans stairs today. Weird teaching yourself to walk again.Then my Dr's appointment for my check up. The Xrays came. I couldn't see the breaks. But if I get to keep them,the one will make a cool shadow box. The pics of the Ti bits in me are cool. That one piece is quite big. Maybe Litespeed made them?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GROSS!

Anonymous said...

They always say that the orthopedic surgeons are the worst sewers. Guess you'll have a scar similar in size and location as mine now.