Sunday, October 08, 2006





A perfect day, again. Day two.
Awoke to another clear blue sky. Got up htrew in a load of laundry had a quick breakfast. Let is settle and headed out the door to do my "cross intervals".
The plan was to ride the V-Strom to Wagners Winery/Brewery have lunch on the deck. Just enjoy the foilage and sites.
I had a veggie wrap. Bob had a Turkey sandwich and a Lager. Pretty good stuff. The parking lot was filled with. RUBS as was the deck. I commmented to Bob, I should ask them if they're Hells Angels? In all their new leather, do rags, shades and attitude.
So we left there and hit Cowlicks a little cheese plant that has gelato. Yum. The owner and his two daughters were sitting outside when we pulled in. The two little girls were making pumpkin people and enjoying it as only kids can. Bob had a mocha I had chocolate. More yum.
We headed home. Hit Taughhannock falls for little walk and to see some falls. Now winding from Rt 96 to 79 is a pain in the ass in Ithaca. When all of a sudden I see a clown, face paint,the shoes, everything on a Harley behind us. Priceless. No Harley attitude from this guy. How you'd shift and brake in those shoes is beyond me. But he was having a ball. It made the trip even better. ( I had to pull the camera out of the tank bag in traffice and shoot the pic with gloves on.Look close at his feet.)
The Strom rode great two up and the new back rest got a thumbs up from Bob.
Day three off to Shindagin for some of the best riding in the area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

seems like a perfect weekend... good pics!