Wednesday, October 04, 2006




The Four Horsemen of Cross'
Let me explain we have a small CX contingent. The horsepower that has come to the front all along have a K in their name. Kane,Krisco, Kumiega and Karl.
Another night of cross practice. Early rains let some spots damp and wet. But on the whole the course was dry. Another new course,this one my be a keeper. Tonights practice focused on run ups for me. Mikes barrier section was an awkward one with a rise right before it. Not a lot of speed. The second was on a hill right after a 180.
As the race unfolded the Four K's and Jerry were apparent at the front. For some reason I always seem to lead the first lap. Even if I ride slow.. Well tonight on lap 2, one of "other" K's took off. I let him go. The pattern has been he'll fade. But oddly the legs felt good. I cought him on the run up and countered. Now it was big ring time. The gap opened. I figured Mike K would bridge. After 4-5 laps of hard effort I eased off to let mike on we rode a few laps together then he pulled through.
With two to go we cranked it up,on one to go I shifted up one more gear for the road as I'd done all night and got away.
Wish I'd had those legs Sunday. But it's all working out now,seems like the legs are on track.

No comments: