Monday, August 28, 2006

Coffee,Dinosaurs and Very Good Beers.
The Jittery Joes won out. This weekend brought the Cheating the Reaper 50th birthday party. Tomorrow is the actual day. My card reader is on the fritz so no pics. What a good time. Pizza from Bellas. Wings from Theos, veggie platters, salads, chips and homemade salsa. Beers from all over the country and world. The dinosaur reference is to the Loomis'. Tom and Mary made the trek from Mansfield for the party. When we had our pic taken. He said call it the dinosaurs. My buds hooked me up with some pretty sweet gifts. Just everyones presence would have been enough.
Mike aka " The kid" made me two Adirondack chairs that will far outlive me. One orange and primer model that will be painted in Belgian colors.
Pops and Woofie eased my transition into slobbdom with a barbque pack. The "tattooed white trash" found me a Tour de Trailer Park t-shirt. I'll have to work on the stains. But there's already chocolate frosting on it.Many brought me fine beers from Belgium and local micro breweries.
Bob and Tish are trying to fatten me up with an M& M dispenser. Henk and Connie will be having me trying pilsners in my new glassware. Jim "Triumph" made me 5 new cd's that are playing right now.
Many were afraid that this one would be a repeat of the gin soden 45th birthday. Happy to say. No hangover, yet. Cliff's winetasting party may change that.

No comments: