Monday, November 05, 2007

Man, I'm wiped out. race promotion takes it out of you. Lots of stress getting things ready for the race yesterday. all the details to pull together.
But in the end. NY Kross Kontingent pulled off the "I'm 18 and I like it" race. No real glitches,highest attendance ever. Sweet fast course lots of positive vibes.
My race was the worst of the year. I got the holeshot. Fellow "gangsta" Gregg passed me in the start of the twisties. I nascared him in a turn and retook the lead. He retook it on the little climb in the spiral. Sign one the legs weren't working. But the skills were good. One by one riders passed and then I was in my "5th". (Seems to be where I am ths year). faso just ahead. Then Rich comes storming by. Some guy in pale blue. I try to hang on. Just no gas in the power sections. Self doubt creeps in. I really had to talk to myself in this one. I reel the group back in in the fast sections. Opened the suitcase of courage on the climbs only to foul plugs and BRRRR went the motor. One to go I can see Dave and Mark. I make a huge effort on the road and pass them in the fast section. I tell myself hang on you can beat them. BRRRRR goes the motor again,they slip away. Glenn crushed it. After the race hr pretty much summed up my day.
"Sometimes you dig deep and come up with a handful of empty". That was my day. my mood was bolstered by all the props from the racers. The kids helped out. Bobber and Venus rocked results. Hope someone has a video of the spiral. Pics later.
Now to get it all in order for the DPM. I think it could be huge. People were stoked with the idea they could win a frame and there's a ton of prizes waiting. Pots of chili and cornbread are being readied. Ommegangs in the frig.
Can I go head to head this year like last year? We'll see. I'll do my best. this is the season final.
I'd like to go out on high note.
Even better news is Soul Cycles is going to sponsor a select group of us for Kross next year.
If you're thinking about a new SS or 29'er. Check them out. The new frames are sweet.
Enjoy life.
See you at the DPM sunday.
OGQ

No comments: