Wednesday, November 21, 2007


So after the DPM,. I still had mixed emotions about doing States. This was a hard year of racing. The comeback from injury is different than a comeback from absence. So I stewed over doing States. One side says go do it or you'll never know. The other says take a break,I have nothing to prove. But in end I followed my own advice. Silly me signs up for two classes.

Sunday broke cold and clear 23 degrees. That would bode well for this course as maybe it would all be ridable this year. The NY Cross crew(Not to be confused with NY Kross) made some nice changes to the course. The top stayed firm and lines formed all over the place. Warm up and the legs felt good. At this race they start all the masters together. No staging,so you have no idea of who your racing against. So I opted up to the first line. Were off,it's a road start and ballistic settle in,don't red line,keep an eye on Ad and Rich. Hang in there. Paul S slips by and the motor isn't warming up fast. Others sneak by. But I pass a group on the off camber downhill and am back on Paul. It stays this was then he opens a slight gap. Two to go. The plugs fire and I catch and pass Paul now to put a gap on him. Some pesky CCBC guy is all over me. I'm faster in the technical he pulls even in the run ups. Lots of bumping and pushing.Fun but annoying. Just pick a line and follow it. If you want to pass make, it stick. In the end I finish 9Th. Not bad. A bot of disappointment. I was shooting for top 5 or better.


Back in the pits I change kits and don the Henry's pink for the Single Speed class much bigger this year and they lump us in with Open Women Masters women and Jr's. A top five start then we hit the mud and rrrrr the motor dies. I guess I left it all on the course for the masters race. I finish my lap call it a day. Why dig a bigger hole. The sinus is on red alert and I would have been just riding around. The King has fallen,Long live the King.

Yesterday I washed the bikes ,prepped them and they'll be put to bed till the new frames arrive. Looking forward to Soul's new KX rigs.

Now today I get to ride the Dillinger my new 29'er from Soul Cycles. Just ride and learn the new bike. FUN.

Yes, I said FUN. That's what it's supposed to be all about.

Have a good holiday. Be thankful for what you have.

Remember it's not Black Friday it's National buy Nothing Day. Go ride your bike.
Pic is props to those that make it happen.

Enjoy life. OGQ

No comments: