Tuesday, October 30, 2007





This past weekend. We made the trip to Rochester. Stayed with an ex(he's the cute one on the right) from 27 years ago. It was a time warp. I also got to see Rick and Sharon. I think the weather kept Annie at bay. That ot the "Chilluns" either way we chatted. So the "old gang" Hit the hot spot "Mex" for dinner. Very good and way too much food. We headed over to the Old Toad for a drink. A cask conditioned Blue Point Stout was set in front of me. Tasty.

Bob and Duffy watched baseball as I nodded on the couch. Bedtime. Then I couldn't sleep. Technically this was a weekend to gain points. Ride hard move up. The course was "early jungle " cross. But It grooved in nicely and was fun. I got a good start,second. The diesel was working. A couple passed me in the woods but hung tough. I liked the hills so gained there. Fianlly got a gap in 5th, closing on fourth and Rich comes out of nowhere. I felt I could hold him off and attacked hard out of every last corner. But he came around me just near the end. I was tapped. 6th. Mikey had his best race for ninth.

Rode the moto to work today. 30 degrees. Bundled up and enjoyed the ride.

But I digress. My passion for Kross disguises a fearfulness. I'm pondering the shrinking of life,due to aging and injury. I fear the boredom of not taking chances. I worry about the dying that goes on inside you when you don't take chances.

I seek the joy of drifting two 700c wheels at speed. The continuity of hitting the line lap after lap. That feeling of all your faculties firing at full force. The challenges of mind,body,spirit all at once. My goal now is to keep racing Kross forever. Then sit down,contented that I've done my best. Knowing there's nothing left in the tank.

Lots of loose strings to tie up for the race this weekend. "Im 18 and I like it". Crazy 18 years I've been promoting.
The pic on the bottom right. Is the best pic of Kross this year. This was a Halloween Kroos. So my bikes had Bert and Ernie on them.

Ride fast,have fun. Smile


OGQ

No comments: