Friday, December 29, 2006

Day 5. So I m supposed to be sitting up for breakfast. But the Barracuda won't let me. "Not you honey, You pass out. Not on my shift". Grrrr. So get Karen to help me. I feel a bit better.
PT will come after lunch today. My success is measured by my getting out of bed and on the commode and back. Without blacking out. When PT comes I take a stroll down the hall with them. We do some exercises. I smile. I'll be going home soon.
My roomies friends bring dinner. Fried chicken,rice and chorizo, bean soup nd a salad. Killer food. I eat too much.
At midnight I'm somewhere in between drugs and sleep. I smell the smell of a funeral parlor. A hand touches mine,gently. I think it s the Angel of Death. The scent is stonger now. I say I'm not ready to go. It turns out to be a nursae to check my vitals. Her secnt trails away with her. I'm happy I'm still here. She will return again at night.
OK Blogger still won't upload my pics.
Lets' fast forward. I get the good to go signal. The weather has been nice all week. Tere is a storm in the forecast. We ask if everything is in order. Yes it is. We're told. You'll be able t leave first thing in the morning,oh 8:30. Good.
So I'm up and ready to roll. Nope forget it. We need to do this and that. We leave at 3pm as it begins to rain. I just fit in the back seat of the car. Comfortable enough. I can look to the back and to the side. It begins to rain. Long story short it rains the whole way home. It could have been fog.
Now comes the next hurdle getting my scrips filled. Will the pharmacy be open? Do I have to get out of the car? Well they're open and only carry one of the scrips. The one I have to inject. Whew. Thats good. So we get home at 10 pm. I'm wiped. I know Bob is from the crazy weather drving. But I'm home. HOME.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home safely... now it is time for a little rest and recuperation... and PT, of course. Enjoy your time off, and have a great New Years!