Sunday, December 24, 2006

Day three now it gets ugly. Narcotics and I don't get along. So I'm not taking the pain meds. If I lay still I'm Ok. But the pain will go from 0-8 like that. So you're saying take the meds. If I do I get killer headaches. It's a toss up. Now the dietician did come to see me. So my meals will improve. More fruit,veggies and less meat. The cool thing is my roomies wife brings dinner. Trout,schrimp, cod,veggies and rice. Yummy.
The next ugliness is due to my loss of blood and low pressure. I keep passing out trying to get up on the walker. I'm talking blue flashes sounds like you're going under water down for the count. Not a bit of dizzyness. KO'ed by my own body. I have to be able to walk under my own power to leave. Not happening. The incision is leaking quite a bit and my leg is swollen to epic proportions.
Day four is more of the same. PT wants me sitting up on the edge of the bed for breakfast. But the Barracuda won't help me. So I get some help. We try PT again. I go down hard the second time. I'm floating and it feels good. It's because they've caught me and I'm being lowered into bed. I smile and nod out again and into sleep. They will come again.
Sure enough right after lunch. But I've been sitting up. I'm seeing my success. Sure enough. Up I go out the door,down the hall to the elevators and back I go. I'm winning! I celebrate with a nap. My roomie brings fried chicken, rice and beans, a salad and soup. A damn I'm hungry.
From total low to total high in one day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karl,
Hope the New Year brings you a speedy recovery.

skinny rick