Wednesday, June 13, 2007


Hush now, don't you believe it. go back to bed and dry your eyes.

So I made my retrun to the road race scene. The cycling community is so cool everywhere. Lots of "Hey,I amazed to see you riding etc.". Thanks. So we're miffed I was only doing the 26 and not the 50 miler. Baby steps.

We had a controlled start. The Cookies boys asked me to help them against the RUUD team,since I was the only Ommegangsta there. I told them not to worry. Their best were i the 50 miler and these guys can't race cohesively. After the neutral roll out. Mark attacked. No one went. Not my job. Then WHOOSH off went the tandem. Good for Mark. One of me many of them. You chase. I figured we'd reel them in at the bas of the climb. It happened. Six got away we chased. Why is this old guy driving the train? Are you guys here for recipes? And so it went to finish. The tandem would swoop past on the decsent(not always) then on the flats they'd light it up for a bit and all would tuck in behind it. Never,Never once did the RUUD team show it's face on he front. It was CNYC and myself if it wasn't the tandem.

It came down to a sprint on the uphill finish. Sprinting isn't my game. The year I turned Cat 3 I could big ring this hill. Not today. 4th in the 50+, not bad.

Then a picnic at Venus'. Good food,good times. Then it was off to Cliff's for another dinner.

Grilled sausages with fennel and onions. Thehighlight was the Brooklyn #1 beer he got. Very tasty followed by a Ommegang Rare Vos. A great weeekend.

Graham fest follow up. The paper said 27 thousand people came. you wouldn't have known it.

The paper also said the local businesses noted no increased sales. Where did they all eat and sleep? Weird,very weird.

Stuck a Frazz in just for fun. Enjoy life,OGQ

No comments: