Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Myths.
Spring has come to the NorthEast.
Winter is over.
I'm losing weight like a dog shedding it's winter coat.
Base miles are piling up,time for some intensity.
Cancer is being cured.

Base miles in the Northeast are a joke. Sure I've ridden in every kind of weather. But after years and years of it it gets old. Fast. I used to relish those "Belgian days". Now I just want to ride without tons of layers. I want to feel sun on my bare arms and legs. We'd have our base in by July. I went to Pa. Usually through the Lehigh Tunnel the world changes for the better. Sure, 10 degrees. That was 20 to 30. The wind brutal. Sunday. I said the hell with it. Lets eat. My addiction ran high. That prehistoric coding telling me I needed calories for winter.

Last year I did Battenkill Roubauix and was fit and challenging. A top 20 finish after losing my bottles at mile 7. Fought off cramps etc. An Epic roadrace. This year I wouldn't even try to do that race. Good luck to all that do.

I currently know five people undergoing cancer treatments. That's too many. I know they'll fight hard and live long. But it still sucks.

I hope Florida is warm when I get there. OGQ

No comments: