Sunday, November 26, 2006




MORE MOTORCYCLES

So I headed down to Pa. for Thanksgiving . The weather wasn't good,but promised to getter better and better. With the Pa. State CX Championships on deck. 60+ degrees sounded real good. For the holiday dinner we had all the trimmings and nice Corsondonk Christmas Ale. YUM. Friday we hit Whole Foods. Imagine, food and I? Great place. Some Christmas shopping done. Even made it out of Performance without spending a bundle.

Saturday dawned clear and bright. BUT it was a 2:15 drive out to Carlilse.

Saw most of CCoD. The plan was race and get out of there. I had pretty decent start spot.
But once again was tangled up in a first turn melee. Settled in quick. But waaay too much pavement.I'd get a gap in the grass twisties. Then they'd reel me in on the pavement.
Back and forth we went to the finish. A so so ride in my book. But needed the race effort.

Besides where else to do you get to ride around giant Christmas decorations? Bob and I hit the Drafting Room for dinner. A great selection of beers. We had a St Neulien Belgian Amber Ale. Tasty.Then I had a Sierra Chrismtas ale and Bob had the MIddle Ages Double wheat.

MMMMM beer. Calramari was a given. Excellent. Dinner was a Thai salad. For dessert we hit Borders for carrot cake and Chai. Read The Robb Reportl MC edition, toys I can't afford. But I can dream.

Sunday wanother fine weather day. Breakfast out. Then loaded up the "baby bike" for the drive home. It all fit no hassles. Traffic was OK. Home safe. What? I have to go to work tomorrow? Five days?

Oh well. WWDD? Enjoy. OGQ.

No comments: