Monday, September 24, 2007





As the Godfather of Kross here in NY state. I was amazed to see over 100 riders sunday at the season opener. Years ago when I tired of driving to NE for Kross Istarted holding races. 10-12 people would show up. My first frame I built was for Kross. Maybe the only the Kross bike out there at the time. We used to wonder if people would race in crummy weather. Then it started to grow. I still credt Kross with getting me off the plateau in cycling and raising my game.

They should have had two starts. But, They do the best they can. So 100+ riders slammed into the first chicanes and barriers. Dead stop. Wait.Wait. Wait. Go,rub wheels,hit legs and try to progress forward. There's Ernie. Thats a good thing. Man is he fit. ZOOM up the road he goes. I bring him back in the technical. Back and forth we go. He gets away I have a bad lap. Then the diesel turns on. Getting more and more dialed. Passing people,outside and inside. Run ups were good. Not quite confident enough to bunny hop them yet. They had a whoop section of bark chips. I hit hard in the big plate and cleared the first three,wheelie over the fourth and was on the gas through the next chicane. Really had that section dialed.I roll in for 9th in the masters. That will improve as the season goes. We had a perfect for fall day. Not a Kross day by any means. But the sunshine was a treat. We've had a run of great weather. Not sure how the other Krossers from the Kingdom faired. Mike K was 18th in Open men. Bike problems.

Looking forward to more.
We hit the Ale House downtown for pizza crab cakes and beers. Yes food. I love food and good beer. Smutty Nose Pumpkin Ale will not be a favorite. But you don't know unless you try.
Now how come Ithaca everything is open Sundays and Bobber went all over the crippled cities and barely could get a bite to eat?
Word from the man. Brew at the Zoo was OK.

Enjoy life. OGQ

No comments: