Thursday, March 22, 2007

Tuesday dawned claera and cold. Henk and I headed out for a road ride. Thinking it was around 35 degrees. Tolerable. I on the Battlestar,Henk on the Serotta. Wind in our face,sun on our side off we went. My legs felt OK. MOre wind as we headed south but now the sun was on our face.
A good feeling. Henk took huge pulls tuning the TT motor. I worked hard too.
Crocker Hill is a tough route home the Battlestar had a 42/23. Fine if you're in race fitness. But I climbed it well.
There's a saying in cycling about "burning your matches". Which means giving it your all. We I lit a few up that climb. But being outsisde riding. Makes me alive.It was 27 when we got jome. BRRRR. Even my fat ass was chilled.
So yesterday we rolled out with the "Kid". Same route. But warmer and more wind
Henk posted this ride report:

Don't believe it for one minute. Karl did not break his hip! We were riding again yesterday, accompanied by Mike . Did our usual 1½ hr loop. We have to finish up Crocker Hill to get home. I started out last, as usual, but managed to pass Karl after he broke a spoke. Sucker! I figured it would be one of the rare times that I would beat him to the top. Alas,it was too good to be true. Putting in more of an effort than both of us were bargaining for,Karl surged to the front, I rallied to barely nip our finishing mail box. Anyone else thinking of revenge, dream on.
Henk.

We both burned a pack of matches on that climb. I lost my rhythm to stop and fix the spoke. Then the surge to latch on to Henk. I love climbing.
Today was warmer. I had no legs. So it was a spin and recover. In my head I'm fully recovered.
In body not all the way there yet.

Enjoy life. OGQ

No comments: