Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kross could be a disease for me.

I once read that "Goals not written down are just dreams".

I only seem to follow that rule during Kross.

So here they are for this Kross Season.


1. Was to win a NYCross race in my age group.
Won the season opener at Kirkland. I came in there on fire.
The "Shake and Bake" training was perfect.
2.Win at Ommegang. I've wanted to win there in each edition.
4th. I know why.
3. Podium at Syracuse. This race is always where I do the double, a turning point in the season. ( I did the double at Omme the week before) 1st Place. I'd left it all on the course.
A half hour later I was lined up again. Fooling myself I could do it this week. Two laps in I pulled out. No point in digging a big hole.
4. Be the NYS Champion in the 55+.
Result 2nd. If we would have raced Friday. I'd have crushed it. I was so intent on a fourth State Championship. I burned a lot of energy. It's all in the last blog posting.
5. Podium at Greene and the DPM. Now this could be tough. Promoting both races and racing is a huge endeavor.
Result: 3rd at Greene and a win in the 55+ plus after a race long battle with the Ithaca Mafia don, Glenn Swan. We traded punches all day. I knew it would come down to a sprint, an uphill sprint. I pulled it out after all that. I had to do it.
6. Lose 8-10 lbs for States.
Result: I did it. Less beers,more salads. Now for a few beers.
7. Upgrade to cat 2.
Result: Done.
I was glad it was all over. I worked really hard at running two races. I want people to come to my races and have fun.
They did at the DPM. Probably the only race around where almost everybody wins.
Already thinking about Louisville.
Eat good food, drink good beer and love the one you're with.
OGQ

No comments: