Wednesday, August 08, 2007






Short version of the trip and a few pics.

The trip started two days before the 35th anniversary of my Dad's death.

Ironic, that I'd be starting a journey my Dad nvere would have taken with me.

So here's the highlights. No order of significance.


I got to spend two weeks with my hero. How may people can say that?

The Dragon's Tail is everything they say it is. 318 Turns in 11 miles. Total Focus.

The Wheels through Time Museum is too. Dale fired up some old scoot for a few burnouts.

The roads and scenery of Maggie Valley were amazing. Sensory overload.

All our hosts were amazing. None turned out to be serial killers. Sorry Mom. Well maybe Tim. See photo at the post office. Just kidding.

The Beer Sellar in Nashville is a beer lovers paradise. Friendly too.

The Parthenon replica took longer to construct than the original. How does that work with modern machines?

Hit a number of microbreweries.

Ate way too much the first week. All they eat in the south was MEAT,potatoes and grits. Vegetables and fruit were nonexistent.

We had an epic ride in the rain through the Smoky mountains.

America needs fewer cars and trucks. Way fewer.

All the locals I chatted up were friendly. Except two.

The line of the trip was the On the Go 20 something clerk. "If you could go out to eat tonight. Where would you go?" Her reply " I'm poor. I don't get to go out to eat." Well judging by her size she must have been stealing alot from here employer. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks Tom. A trip of a lifetime.


No comments: