Tuesday, August 21, 2007




I know I need to post more about the trip and haven't been updating with any regularity.

But as all posts it's a swirling dervish of info for you.


So now Kross has krept into my brain. I did my first Kross workout last saturday. I have a long ways to go with the running part. The leg hurts after about five steps. Technique is good. But the leg lags a bit. Like a slow firing cylinder.

Kross practice starts in September. Will the Four Horsemen dominate like last year?
From what I'm hearing a number of people have bought bikes to join the armada. They will either learn to love or hate Kross. There seems to be no middle ground. Kross is not for the weak of mind.

It teaches you to suffer like no other discipline of cycling. Survive and become a better cyclist.

Thrive on Belgian days. Eat the weak.


I went to the Brewery Ommegang yesterday to check out the lay of the land for the Kross race there. Will have to ride there to really get the lay of the land.

Also they will be sponsoroing the Dave Panella race this year. Very sweet.

I got an advance tasting of the new brew. Ommegedon. Very tasty. The brewer said give it six months of aging and it will be even better. Like I can wait.


Now the young Jedi made a photo album on Shutterfly and presented it to Yoda aka Tom(my MC partner) Even with the force he didn't see it coming. After reading it. He said "That's a book filled with memories, you'll enjoy it foe a long time. " I said " You didn't take any pictures". He tapped his head. I said " Me too, but they mat fade. This book is for you." His mouth fell open.

Catching the master off guard is rare. He didn't know what to say other than thank you. That wa enough.

I've dreamed of a trip like that for years. It happened. Now a reality.


The next epic dream. Get fit enough to repeat as Kross Champion at States for a three peat.

Best get that leg moving.
Busted out the pinstriping brushes and did the helmet. Now how about that hot rod inspired Adirondak chair?


Write it down. Make your dreams real.


Enjoy life. OGQ

No comments: