Friday, April 25, 2008

So I took the Hooligan out for it's second ride. Now sporting a 32/18. Chain problems gone. I focused on the handling. The Reba needed a bit more dialing in. I missed my Ergon grips.
Note one, Big wheel,steel fork,Ergons was giving me a better ride than a slightly stiff Reba with Ourys. How would carbon bars fit in the equation?
While Pops was hacking and wheezing his way around the trails. I focused on speed and climbing.
Now here's wear it gets murky. The Hooligan was a razor compared to the Dillinger. Both have the same WTB front tire. I'd forgotten the felling of a front end tucking,drifting searching for traction,but not spitting you off. I knew I was at the edge of adhesion. it felt great. the Hooligan ripped the climbs. I decided it was a keeper. I could race this bike. I was thinking of going total 29er. But we'll see. I can set the Hooligan up with a steel fork, 29'er front wheel and get some more ergons. See if it behaves as well as the Carver. Time will tell.
I've been pretty much a roadie lately. I rode the Enemy of Fun Tuesday. First time since I broke my leg. 32.8 miles 3100+ ft of climbing. These aren't easy hills either. Did it on 2:01. Tough.
Race results a 4th and a 6th. Good TT motor,the hills need work. I made the cut last night till Belden. Then "Big" Todd turned the screws. He's winning everything. Good for him.
Haven't got any response from the crew on the 24 hrs of Round top.
Summer beers have invaded the fridge. I love hefeweizens and wheat beers. The Sam Adams contest winners,we're well, winners.
Trying the Latin American place tonight. Food is to be experienced.
Been riding the Strom to work. 50 mpg and and a good time to ad fro. Maybe more if I baby it.
Enjoy life. OGQ

No comments: