Monday, September 11, 2006




If you're burned out on racing,try a cyclosportif.
Bobber and I headed down to ride the Univest Cyclosportif. What's that you ask? Well,basically it's ride that's not a race,but turns into one. You can ride at any pace you want. Hammer or cruise. They had almost 400 people for this. Here we rode the pro course. Bobber did the 40 miler. I did the 60 miler. Frankie Andreu was our celebrity. I let the kids pull me to the first KOM held my own,then let them drag me to the next one. Eichle Rd. This hill was a BITCH. A 39/23 was barely enough to make it standing the whole way. It was every ugly hill I know rolled into one. But it was 5th or 6th over the top. The a small group settled in to chase the front guys. At mile 32 I pitted for food and water, dropping off my group of six. I'd woke up sick and had drank both bottles by this time. A banana,a couple bottles filled and a gel and I was off. Picked up two guys and we caught a few more. At the third KOM we shed them. Then I cramped. BAD. Rode through that and had enough to outsprint the kids on an uphill sprint. Bob did well in the 40 miler and said he enjoyed it. So what did we get for our 25 bucks? A tough challenging course. A couple decent t-shirts a hat, swag and apost ride meal. Following this we got to see the pros battle it out on the finishing circuit. Mark you calendars and do it next year.
The middle pic shows the winner. It was hard to get in to get a good shot with the crowds.

No comments: